There are two types of LED panels: one is backlit LED panel light, the other is edge-lit panel light.
Jamsem is a China LED panel manufacturer with more than ten years of R & D and manufacturing experience, so customers often ask: which is better, backlit panel light or edge-lit panel light?
As a professional LED panel light manufacturer in China, JAMSEM PANEL LED summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of LED backlit panel lights and edge-lit panel light based on some customer feedback in the market.
1. The light efficiency of the backlit panel lamp is higher than that of the edge-lit panel lamp: the light emitted by the LED bead chip of the back-lit LED panel is directly transmitted through the diffusion plate, and is not absorbed and reflected by other media. Therefore, the light utilization rate is high, and the overall light efficiency of the panel light is relatively high. The light of LED edge-lit panel needs to be refracted by the light guide plate first, so there will be a certain loss of light efficiency.
2. Back-lit panel lighting saving light guide plate cost: light guide plate is one of the core components of edge-lit panel light, which directly affects the optical characteristics of LED flat panel light: high transmittance and uniform brightness value.
The quality of light guide plate is affected by many factors, such as the substrate of light guide plate, reasonable point design, ink quality and reflective film. Its design and production cost is very high, accounting for a large part of the total cost of LED panel lights. However, the back-lit LED panel light does not need light guide plate, so the corresponding cost is saved.
3. The weight of back-lit panel light is lighter: the light guide plate is omitted, the overall weight of the lamp is greatly reduced, the transportation cost can be saved, and the load requirement of LED panel lighting installation is reduced.
4. Longer life of back-lit LED panel lights: as one of the core components of edge-lit LED panels, the light guide plate is more likely to have life problems, while the back-lit panel light without light guide plate has a longer service life.
Because the screen printing ink and reflective film of light guide plate are in high temperature working environment for a long time, they will have the characteristics of natural aging and yellowing, resulting in low light refraction efficiency and low luminous efficiency, thus reducing the overall life of lamps and lanterns.
5. Edge-lit LED panel light is thinner, and more beautiful than back-lit LED panels. Although the back-lit LED panel lighting has many advantages, its thickness cannot be controlled. Basically, the thickness of the back-lit LED panel light is about 45mm, while the thickness of the edge-lit LED panel light can be less than 9mm. By contrast, the back-lit LED panel lights are bulky.
The above is jamsem LED panel summary of different types of LED panels experience, jamsem’s company is one of the most professional LED panel manufacturers, in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Dongguan has led panel light production plants and market offices, the best product quality and product price is the best guarantee that professional LED panel light manufacturers can give you. If you have other problems or purchase requirements for LED panel lights, you can contact our marketing personnel directly through the website email.