The backlit panel (led panel light) is designed to make a reasonable LED pitch by using the LED illumination angle, and the diffuser plate and the height of the lamp are used to achieve an ideal light mixing effect.
Therefore, the backlit panel is biased towards high brightness, high light efficiency products, replacing the traditional grille light panel.
The edge-lit panel (led panel light) utilizes the light guide plate technology to design the light guide plate dot according to the arrangement of the LED lighting bead and the illumination angle of the lamp bead, so that the light passes through the light guide plate to achieve uniform brightness.
Edge-lit panel (led panel lights) are generally between 8mm-12mm, much lighter than back-lit panel (LED panel lights).
There are advantages and disadvantages in the two kinds of illumination methods. The difference between the structure and the side illumination of the back-lit panel is that there is no light guide plate. The general light guide rate of the light guide plate (PMMA) is about 93%, and the positive illumination led panel lighting has a relatively large interval of the lamp bead. Therefore, the distance between the lamp bead and the PC diffusion plate must be relatively large, so that the dark area is not formed when the led panels is lit.
The light emitted by the edge-lit panel light bead needs to be reflected by the light guide plate and the reflective film, and the light flux of the final led panel lamp will be lost because the light guide plate of the led panel is refracted.
The disadvantage of the back-lit panel (led panel light) is that the LED panel light is relatively thick, generally 35mm-50mm, which is very cumbersome and unsightly, but the JAMSEM led panels are the latest development of the frameless led panel light in 2019.
The JAMSEM back-lit panel (led panel light) is only 18mm thick and is the thinnest backlit panel light in the world. By the way, JAMSEM’s back-lit panel lights are completely new and therefore very easy to maintain.
Advantages of back-lit panel (led panel lights):
1. Back-lit panel (led panel light) has high illumination, and the back-lit panel (led panel light) has higher brightness under the same power.
2. Back lit panels (led panel lights) do not need a light guide plate, so the cost is saved and the price is very cheap.
3. Back lit panel (led panel light) is more uniform, and the brightness uniformity of the LED panel light can reach 0.9 or more. The process requirements are relatively simple.
Disadvantages of back-lit panel (led panel lights):
1. back-lit panels (led panel lights) are very thick, storage, transportation, installation costs will be slightly higher than the edge-lit panels.
2. back-lit panel lights have a large number of lamp beads, and more lamp bead chips may cause a higher probability of failure.